Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Super Yum Salsa!

We have been asked by a couple of folks for our homemade, canned salsa recipe, so here it is. You can adjust ingredients as you wish to your own taste. *We grow very colorful tomatoes in all shapes and sizes as well as use colorful peppers. All this will add a pizazz you won't find in store bought (boring) salsa.
 

 Colorful Homemade/ Home Canned Salsa:
12 to 14 Cups of Diced Tomeatoes, Red are good but add Orange, Yellow, Purple if you can for a real flair of color.
2 Cups of ...Peppers (we like Mild) Also the more color here the better. *If using hot peppers to make a spicier salsa, only use about 1/2 cup seeded hot peppers with the other 1 &1/2 Cups of Sweet.
1 &1/2 Cups Cilantro Diced
2 Tablespoons Diced Canned Garlic
1 Onion Diced
1 Pint of Homecanned Tomato sause for extra liquid
10 Tablespoons of Mrs. Wages Salsa Spices 


 Mix all together and put into pints or quarts. Make sure you fill to 1/2 to 1/4 an inch head space only. Too much room could prevent sealing, or cause a false seal. Cap of with clean lids and rings. I boil mine. This should give 7 Quarts or 14 pints.
Next, I place my cans into my pressure canner with water, screw down top and turn eye on high. Once I am sure the body of water is boiling inside due to sound and steam escaping, I set the timer for 30 minutes. So it is inside canner with lid screwed on, but no pressure weight on for the 3timed 30minutes. When timer goes off, I turn of eye and let canner cool down about 10-15 minutes. Then I open and remove jars to let set up and seal. Viola! It's so nice to have home canned salsa and all those memories with those you love.


I hope if anyone tries it, you'll let me know how it turned out. Melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment