Thursday, September 4, 2014

Just Another Day In Paradise!

Ok most days around a homestead are so hard on you physically, when rest comes it is sweet. Sometimes everything goes wrong and me and my kids laugh and say "It's just another day in paradise." Like the day our new milk cow fell in a ditch and I went to get disel for the tractor and busted my head open, at the gas station. The lady at the store kept saying "you need to go to the ER". I'm thinking "yeh, if your paying. Just get me the duck tape." It's a blessing to have a friend with medical knowledge to superglue me up, while Hubby and a neighbor farmer pull out the cow. That was a doozy! We nursed her for a month, spent a couple hundred dollars and lost her anyway. We do it because we love the life, and we must be willing to except loosing sometimes. It's part of a master plan, we are not in control of everything. It's are job to be content in all things, give thanks in all things and press on happily.
   But days like this one, when were bringing in the harvest of lots of sweat and hardwork really do give you that feeling without the sarcasm. And so here are some of the pics to remind me it's totally worth it! And the kids cut the horse's hair, said she needed a trim. Rrrrright, just another day in paradise! This is our world in picture. Minus the hardwork & lots of sweat! Give me a while to get all the pics up, and stay tuned, some "how to's" to come!













No comments:

Post a Comment